Friday 19 April 2013

Less is More - a film...

So... I'm trying to join in with Less is More as often as I can, so even though the challenge is to be inspired by a film (one of my dreaded themes, along with inspiration photos!...) I've had a go... and it's one-layer week too!

Monsters Inc is one of my favourite films - and I don't even have the children as an excuse, because I saw it at the cinema when I was expecting my first son lol... Oh well, I like kids films, and now I get to watch them all the time and blame it on the boys :o)  This fab monster from Pollycraft (now closed... sob!) always reminded me of Sully, so it made my card fairly easy really.



Items Used
Digi stamp - Pollycraft (now closed)
Colouring - prisma pencils
Computer generated sentiment
Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Light Green - MCH
I also went over the black lines with a fineliner, as they always look washed out to me after colouring with prisma pencils on kraft.

I'm also entering my card for the 'birthday bash' challenge at CAS-ual Fridays.

Hope you all have a fab day... I'm off to the craft room but I'll be around to catch up with you all later :o)

33 comments:

Debs M said...

looks fabulous on kraft!x

Juls said...

Really fun card!! I love it!! I just LOVE colouring on Kraft, h have done an awesome job!! Hugs Juls xxx

rachel said...

fabulous card - this looks amazing on kraft xx

Kim said...

fab card Lisa, love the colouring! what a great monster!
Kim x

Sandra said...

I really, really like this Lisa.
Sandra xxx

mixamatoasties said...

I love this Lisa, it's fantastic. Love your colouring, you've made it very fur like :)

Susan x

mckinkle said...

Amazing card Lisa, I couldnt agree more, I love films for the young ones; Disney and Pixar are amazing!
Keryn x

Jackie said...

Fabulous card, love that monster :o)
Jackie xx

Little K Smith said...

A fabulous card Lisa! Love the image and the film! ;D
Kelly.x

Unknown said...

He´s spot on Lisa! I´ve never seen the film but know the character, great card! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Claire said...

Brilliant card - love this! Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

Simply adorable hun...and have a fabulous weekend too...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Debs said...

Stunning colouring!!! I loved that film too :o)
Debs xx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Lisa!
xx

Lorraine said...

He looks fabulous and I love the colouring.
Lorraine x

Aileen said...

He looks just like Sully! Fab card. x

Ji Hye said...

The card makes me want to hug him! So cute and furry.

Anonymous said...

Totally brilliant Lisa!
Helen x

Annette said...

Hahaha, great image honey. Love it. Perfect sentiment too.
Hope you are well.
Have a great weekend.
Annette
xx

Donna Mosley said...

A beautiful card Lisa, love the gorgeous image. FAB colouring as always.

Donna x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

hehehe this is great!!! oh i think you have done a perfect job of the challenge...definitely looks like sully ;) great work!

Pia S said...

This is one cute monster! Fabulous coloring on kraft!

Jenny said...

Absolutely brilliant card Lisa, the texture in his fur is so amazing.
Jenny x

Christine L said...

Your card is fab Lisa... and so very much Monsters Inc!! Love how you've put him straight on the kraft.. perfect!

Hugs
Christine x

coops said...

so stunning lisa.your colouring is fantastic and i love kids films too :D

xx coops xx

Sue said...

Oh WOW!! This is fab Lisa, your colouring is stunning.
hugs Sue xx

Whisper said...

Aaah i so love Sully and did you know that a new Monsters Inc moving is being released for the summer hols !!, great layout and so cute, Luv Sam x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Fantastic card Lisa! Love the image on Kraft and such a fab sentiment. LOL that you like Monsters Inc, I think my hubby and I both, enjoy the kiddos movies as much as they do! There's always enough humour pitched at the adults, that washes straight over the kids heads, to keep us giggling. Hugs, Wends xxx

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry this is such a late visit, but I have been cruising on the Rhine for a week and have just got back.
It's a super card...just love it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

carol (krillsister) said...

Darling image.
Your coloring is superb!
Love those pearls.

Jingle said...

This is SO ADORABLE!!! I love how you colored the monster! Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so cute and so fun...smiling...

Sanketi said...

Lovely coloring, so glad you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!