Tuesday 3 November 2009

ICSketches 41 - my first GD card


I was absolutely thrilled when I was asked to be a guest designer for Inspirational Card Sketches for November, I love sketches in general and Dawn's are fab! This is my very first one, which I've really enjoyed doing, and I have another 3 weeks on the team too :o) The DT have made some beautiful cards, hope you'll join in if you have time!

I didn't know Digistamp Boutique were this week's sponsor, but I must be psychic because I chose one of their images for my card (well they are lovely aren't they?). I've coloured this cute little singing mouse in with promarkers, used ivory flowersoft for the trims on her coat, boots and hat, added a bit of polar white flowersoft for snow and a chalked sky background. The papers are MME, and you can't really tell from the pictures but each sheet is all lovely and sparkly - it seemed a shame to cut into them really! I've used DCWV cardstock and a downloaded sentiment from Pink Petticoat. The snowflake is cut with the cuttlebug icicle die (my latest toy), and then I've embossed it with the matching icicle folder and given it a liberal dose of glamour dust for lots of extra sparkle. Added a piece of sparkly sheer ribbon and a Craftwork Cards card candy dot to finish.

I'm also entering my card for Simon Says 'all that sparkles', hope I'm not too late to enter this one, and Stamp Something 'cute and fuzzy'. And at One Stop Craft and Saturday Spotlight they want to see how we can use text - one of the papers that I've used is a text one.






16 comments:

Debs said...

Hi Lisa, welcome to the team, wow how weird is it that you chose that image, must be fate, great card loving your choice of DP and your colouring is awsome.
Hugs Debs

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, love how you've done the sky.
Well done on your GDT post. Sarahx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya. Lovely card, great papers you have used and a fab image.
Love Sandra xx

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous card babe, and just the cutest carolling mouse ever! Hugs, Squirrel xx

☼ Cheryl* said...

Lovely card! x

Kat said...

This card is just gorgeous Lisa. I love that cute image. I love that DP too - I've used it quite a lot so far. You've used all the things I love - that is my favourite snowflake too.

Kat xx

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lisa

Congrats on your GD spot and what a fantastic first card. Way to go girl. I love your card and everything about it!

Hugs Ali x

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa!! Well first off, congrats to you on the GD spot!! :) Your creation is just adorable!! I love your image and your fabby text papers!! :) Thanks for playing with us this week at Saturday Spotlight!! HUGS

Louise said...

Gorgeous card Lisa and all the details are fab.
louise xx

gina g said...

Hi Lisa gorgeous card cute image, congrats on your DT place. luv gina xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Card Lisa, love the image and the trimmings are great, love these MME papers, must get some, congratulations on your DT place, ENJOY Hugs Avril xxx

Erin... said...

Too cute!!!! Love that image and such yummy papers!!! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week! and at Saturday Spotlight too!!!

Cheryl said...

Awww this is so cute,love your papers and beautifully coloured image!!! The flowersoft looks fabulous!!
Hugs xx

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Wow Lisa - this is stunning!! Your colouring is wonderful and the papers and snowflake work perfectly. Love it....Sally-Ann...xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow!! This is too cute!! Love your coloring of the sweet image. The dp with the words is perfect for the Sat. Spotlight challenge. The layout with the glittery snowflake is gorgeous!!

Shelly said...

Love this little image, and such a beautiful Christmas card! Congrats on your GDT spot, and your Top 5 place with us at Stamp Something!
Hugs Shelly :)