Wednesday 28 October 2009

Card for Daniel


I spotted a request on Claire's blog for birthday cards for Daniel - here's what Claire says:

"My annual plea for Daniel. Daniel is 12 on the 7th November and is on the Autistic Spectrum. He doesn't socialize and loves recieving your handmade cards. As most will know, for the last 2 years I have asked if some of you could send a card for him to open and the response has been overwhelming. He recieving nearly 100 last year. I think he enjoys this more than the presents. Love watching his face light up. He started a boarding school for Autistic Children in Sept and although he misses home, is slowly settling in and we do get him back every weekend. So if you could help, I'd truly appreciate it."

Hubby has younger twin brothers who are severely autistic, and I know how lovely it is to find things that make them smile, so I said I'd make a card for Daniel. I've really enjoyed this one too :o)

I've followed the sketch at Sketch Saturday and used a fab new digi stamp from Pink Cat Studio - I LOVE this stamp, it's so much fun to use! I've coloured it with promarkers and added some 'rainbow drop' noses over the top of their clown noses, just for some extra silliness! The cardstock is DCWV, ric rac ribbon from stash, the paper is Bo Bunny I think. The stars are cut with a sizzix die and I've doodled (yes, me, doodling, and without being pushed into it by a challenge!) around the edges. The sentiment is computer generated and cut out with nesties.

I'm also entering this for the challenges at ABC (G is for green, hopefully there's enough green on my card), Papertake Weekly (spots & stripes) and Passion for Promarkers (animals), and for the DT call on a brand new monthly challenge Cards for Men which is all about those sometimes tricky male cards. I think male cards can be fun to do, and there are far more men in mine and hubby's family than there are women to make cards for. Fingers crossed!





17 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Lisa, what a gorgeous card. It is so bright and cheery. Love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Donnas Den said...

Hi Lisa,

What a wonderful card. Thanks for entering my DT challenge. I hope to let everyone know on Monday.

I think I'll pop over to Claire's blog to have a look at her appeal.

Donna

Victoria said...

Lisa I lurve this card, the image is just so cute and cheerful.

Thanks for letting me know about cards for Daniel, I'll make one too

Victoria
xx

Kat said...

Great card Lisa. Thanks for posting about cards for Daniel. I'll go over to Claire's blog for a look.

Kat xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, and very uplifting card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at PfP this week.
Maria xx

Natalie said...

Lovely card, thanks for joining us at PFP this week. x

Anonymous said...

te hehee this really made me smaile thank you!!
Its soooo cute and love it!
thanks for joining ABC challenge this week
Samantha :0)

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

lovely card

thanks for joining us on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Michele Roos said...

Such an adorable card. Love the image you've used and the colouring also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hiya. Lovely, bright cheery card and your image is great.
Love Sandra xx

Melissa said...

What a fun card Lisa! I just love it!
Great job girl :)
Hugs,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Great card, love your image and your colouring looks fab.
Thanks for playing along this week with Passion for Promarkers.
Barbara
xx

gina g said...

Hi Lisa What a fabulous card Daniel will love it. luv gina xx

Anonymous said...

Great card, Sue x

Paper Hearts Handmade Cards said...

Lovely card Daniel will love it and love the noses not seen these drops before...........K x

LilyPuss Cards said...

So Sweet...thanks for joining us at A.B.C..
regards
Jan..x

Jill said...

gorgeous card so cute thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx