Monday 10 August 2009

DT card - Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 1

Well here it is, the very first Crafty Cardmakers challenge! And here's my first Design Team card. The theme for the challenge is Blossoms, so I thought this stamp was appropriate - she's called Blossom and she's a Sugar Nellie stamp from Funky Kits. I've used promarkers to colour in the image, and then used a small matching flower stamp that I got in a Funky Kits lucky bag to make the backing paper - I've just stamped it randomly over plain white card, coloured with promarkers and then added diamond stickles to give it a bit of sparkle. The image is cut out with nestabilities scalloped ovals and I've edged the oval and the backing paper with distress ink. I've finished it off with a strip of self-adhesive lace.

Please check out the work of the rest of the fab design team and join us for the first challenge! Can you tell I'm a bit excited?



Close up

Materials/ Tools used
  • Sugar Nellie 'blossom' stamp & little flower stamp from Funky Kits, coloured in with promarkers
  • Self-adhesive lace from Cuddly Buddly
  • Diamond Stickles glitter glue
  • Tim Holtz distress ink in Fired Brick


6 comments:

Rose said...

I love your card! The colors are so awesome and I love the Sugar Nellie image! Super DT work!

Juls said...

this is gorgeous!! I love leanne Ellis designs! she is just beautiful, and I love how you have created all those extra blossoms! and of course red is my fav colour!! love this!

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, what a fab card, love the way the colours all come together, well done - Judie xx

http://judie-ijustloveartymess.blogspot.com/

PinksyDoodles said...

This is gorgeous. I love the backing paper you have created.
Clare x

Aunty Sue said...

oh wow enjoy your spot i enjoy mine. Love the card

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, I should know - it's sat on my shelf! Thanks Lisa x