Sunday 13 September 2009

Sketch Saturday DT call

Sketch Saturday are looking for some new DT members so I thought I'd have a go! Fingers crossed!

I'd been asked for a special card for the daughter of my mum's partner so I thought I'd use this sketch and make an 8 x 8 card instead of my usual smaller square. He didn't really know what he wanted, just something girly and suitable for a 20yr old.

I've used an Anya stamp coloured with promarkers, My Mind's Eye paper (29th St Market) and coredinations cardstock embossed with the cuttlebug divine swirls embossing folder, sanded to reveal the paler colour core. I also used the swiss dots embossing folder for some of the smaller panels and for the flowers, which were cut with an x-cut punch. The flower centres are little silver bead caps, with pearls in the middle, and the leaves were cut with the woodware grass punch.

I've used a strip of lace along the bottom panel, which was originally white but didn't look right, so the lace is coloured with a ruby promarker! I've used the Martha Stewart scallop dot punch for the bottom edge. The sentiment is computer generated and cut out with label nesties, and then I've added tiny flowers cut with a small x-cut punch, with tiny pearl centres.

I decorated the inside too, but realised too late (after I'd handed it over!) that I'd forgotten to photograph the inside! Oh well, he was pleased with it anyway, hopefully his daughter will like it. I've added a few different pictures because I couldn't get one that I was really happy with, so I took some with flash and some without.







12 comments:

Juls said...

just beautiful!!Love the gorgeous colours and all the beautiful embossed detail!! love it!

Rose said...

Good luck! Love your card, just beautiful! Great work!

Sarah said...

WOW, WOW, WOW this is gorgeous, love the colours. Sarah x

gina g said...

Hi Lisa gorgeous card i love the colours. luv gina xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Lisa
A stunning card,
Hugs Dianne xx

Dragonlady said...

Hi Lisa

Great card and I love all the swirls. Good luck on the DT call.

Ali x

Victoria said...

ooh had to pop over and take a look, it's gorgeous Lisa. Fab embossing and lace details

Wishing you loads of luck

Victoria
x

Mandy said...

Lisa this is stunning hun, love everything on it. Good luck with the DT post I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
Love Mandy xx

Jo said...

WOW! you've worked so hard on this card and it really shows.
Thank you & good luck
Jo xx

Kat said...

Great card Lisa. I just bought some Anyas as I didn't have any. Funny how you want to try out new images once you see what other people can do with them. Thanks for your good wishes and I've got my fingers crossed for you too.

Kat xx

Anonymous said...

I love this card it,s Beautiful.
x
Vicky

kelly ledder said...

Beautiful card and I love the colours xxx